Parkland student email:
To become familiar with your account, use the link on the Student Email
Home Page for "Frequently Asked Questions ." You may also find "Help" available when you are in your Parkland student email INBOX. There is an icon above your messages to click on for Help. It looks like a book with a ? on it.
Other General Information about your Parkland email account:
To open a message:
- In the Inbox, click on subject of message
To send a message:
- Click on the icon that looks like a piece of paper with a pencil on it to
- Fill in email address for recipient in To: line
- Fill in subject line
- Type message in large box at bottom of screen
- Click on Send button
To delete a message:
- Click in checkbox to the left of the message to be deleted.
- Click on Delete
To send an attachment with a message when you have the compose window open
to create a message:
- Fill in an address in the To: box
- Fill in a subject in the Subject: box
- Click on the Attach button
- In the Attachments window, click on the Browse button
- Locate the file you want to attach and click on the filename to highlight
- Click on open (the file name and location will be in the Attach File text
- Click Add to attach the file to the message
- To remove any attachments, click the Remove option next to each attachment, then click OK.
- Click on OK (the attachment filename will show listed above the compose window)
- Type message to tell sender there is an attachment and click on Send
Finding addresses for Parkland students and faculty:
When using the address book, you may need to maximize the screen to be sure that you can see all the features.
- Click on icon for Address Book (icon looks like a rolodex of index cards)
- For student listings, be sure the "System-wide" checkbox is checked
- For faculty listings, be sure the "Public" checkbox is checked
- Type last name in the "Search for" text box and click on the Search button
After completing a search, it is important to delete the name from the search box and click the Search button to get back to the regular listing for the address book.
Making Address Book with Contacts
- Click on icon for Address Book
- Maximize your screen to be sure that all of the buttons for features are in view.
- Click on Create
- Fill in information for First Name, Last Name and Email Address. Other
information is optional.
- Click on OK
- When sending a message to someone in your Address Book, click on the
Address Book and click on the checkbox beside the person's name
- Click on Compose and the address you chose should be filled in for you in
a compose window. (If it doesn't fill in the address, go back to the address
book and be sure you clicked on the Compose button that is under the address
list, not the one that is on the right side of the page.)
To Create a Personal Group to send email to multiple recipients using one address:
- Click on icon to open the Address Book.
- Click Create.
- In the First Name or Last Name field, enter a name for your personal group.
- In the E-Mail Address field, enter the email addresses of each individual you wish to include in your personal group.Each address entry can be separated by either a semi-colon, a comma, or a space.
The personal group will now appear in your Personal Address Book. When you select a personal group as the recipient for a message, all the individuals in the group will receive the message.
- Now you can send a message to all the people in the group by going to your address book, putting a checkmark in front of the contact that has the name for your personal group and clicking on the "Compose" button. It will automatically search your address book and find the addresses for the group to fill in on the To: line of your email.
To create Folders to store messages that you want to keep and get them out
of your Inbox.
- Click on Add Folder.
- Type in a folder name and click on OK
To move a message to a folder:
- Click in checkbox to the left of the subject for the message to be moved.
- Click on Move button.
- Use the drop-down list to select the folder you want
- Click on OK
To create a signature:
- Click on the Options icon at the top of the screen. (It is to the left of
the Exit button.)
- Click on the MailBox Management button
- Type in a signature
- Click on Yes for Add Signature to outgoing messages. (You should
start your signature with a dashed line so that when it shows on the email, it
will be separated from the content.)
- Click on Save